Saturday 8 August 2009

365 Cards - Day 157 - Imagine this, Sunflowers

Today's challenge is to be inspired by sunflowers. I've been clearing out some of the old magazines I've got downstairs - it was very nice of mum to buy me a gorgeous cerise magazine rack, but it gets full up..... And there are lots of lovely pictures, especially in the magazines that come along with membership subscriptions (London zoo, RSPB, Royal Academy, British Museum etc). So I've been tearing out pages and then cutting out the images ready for when I fancy using them. I am thinking it might be nice to do some collage cards, I'm not sure I'm up for Pop Art style, but I'll have a go.

Anyway, this partial sunflower came out of I think the London Natural History Museum magazine, so I stuck it onto black Canford paper then onto some orange card (from that £5 plastic box full, see earliest posts) then onto Canford again and onto a 5x5" white card.

I tried lots of different colours, browns, yellows & greens to pick up the colours in the middle, but this vibrant orange seemed to work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of all cards/ projects posted so far....

The tricky subject of ideas...

Feel free to use my work as a springboard for your own work for non-commerical use only: please credit me on your blog.

Music

temporarily unavailable