Saturday 8 August 2009

365 Cards - Day 153 - Tag, You're It!

Today's challenge is to include a tag on your card - that'll be the lime green card at the bottom with Happy Birthday stamped on it then.

I used offcut cardstock from Puffin Crafts (£1 for quite a big pack) in a really rich purple and a lime green. I used a secondhand stamp (also Puffin Crafts for 28p) of a Charles Rennie Mackintosh type tile with clear Ranger Resist Ink and Embossing Powder, then I bleached the tiles, waited for them to dry and coloured them in with Caran D'Ache Watercolour Pencils (I'm really hoping the bleach doesn't do anything nasty to the pencils over time!).

Then I mounted the bleached out & recoloured purple tiles onto lime green card, then onto the purple card then onto a 5x7" card - but I had to cut down the card to 4x7" because I didn't have a big enough piece of purple.

The picture is really bleached out by the strong sunshine, it's actually a very vibrant card, but I don 't have time to redo a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of all cards/ projects posted so far....

The tricky subject of ideas...

Feel free to use my work as a springboard for your own work for non-commerical use only: please credit me on your blog.

Music

temporarily unavailable