Brother Scan N Cut Basics for Newbies Series Index
This is a work in progress. There's going to be a hopefully logical list of posts, with a link so you can go straight to the one you think you need. This is currently my road map of where this series of posts is headed. It will be edited as I know a bit more about the machine. I've only had it a month! Once a post has been created, there'll be a link added to directly go to it. If there's no link, the post isn't written yet!
MAIN SERIES - How to:
1. Box fresh - setting up your machine and basic must haves HERE
2. Machine Software Upgrades - how and why HERE
3. Callibrating your Machine - keeping your LCD Touch Screen precise, your Cutting/Drawing accurate and your Scanning clean HERE
4. Test Cutting - how not to break blades and cut through mats! -
4a. All about Blades HERE
4b. All about Mats HERE
4c TestCuts are your friend - how to/ problem solving HERE
4d Extreme Test Cutting - Flamingos HERE
5. What next? Give me something to try my new skills on! How to Videos and Free Project Resources HERE
6. Using the Machine's functions - pre installed motifs - size & number
Then Using the Machine's functions - pre-installed motifs continued - flip & rotate, grouping, welding, saving to the machine, that sort of thing (order not decided yet nor exactly what fits in here )
Then, background scanning, and getting the machine to work out the layout for you to minimise waste paper.
Then Direct Scanning, Scan to Cut and Scan to USB - getting good scans, clean accurate cuts and problem solving.
Then erm, not sure lol.
Probably Accessories - pen holder, universal pen holder, the kits - stamp and embossing.
Then eventually, importing ready created files and in the distant future, using Canvas to actually do stuff!
1. Pop-up Card - Posy of Flowers Intro, Part 1, [Part 2, Part 3]
OTHER RELATED POSTS
A. Link to the August 2016 upgrade press release by Brother. Far easier to read than the Notification/ Update Release Notes! HERE
B. New Accessories/ Premium Features November 2016. Foiling Premium Kit and new Enhanced Imaging for Canvas and new additional pattern Collections (all for a price, nothing for free). HERE
In due course:
Review of Mel's DVD for CM600 by Create & Craft TV UK (sole supplier in the UK) 'From the Box to Confident'. The DVD is this one HERE. Review coming soon!
Review of Pollyanna's Embossing Tool & Mat (ebay UK seller) (Warning: using this tool this may invalidate your Warranty so no complaints to me!)
No idea what else, let's see what comes up!