Today's theme of Purple, Orange & Green colour scheme was tricky until I started thinking about flowers - crocuses to be precise.
I tried doing a collage/ torn paper type reincarnation of a crocus based on the picture I had of crocuses, but it really didn't work.
So I used a 'draft quality' print of the picture and some dark green Canford paper to give a muted & sombre colour scheme, and just matted alternate layers of the two. I picked different areas of the crocus picture for each layer, so it didn't show as a complete picture interrupted by the green.
I need to practise cutting precise squares and precise positioning, the smaller ones are a little bit out.