Friday 10 April 2009

365 Days - Day 40 - Sun, Sea, Sand

Today's challenge is the seaside, which at this time of year is cold and a bit stormy; like Turner's seascapes - all blurry and atmospheric. So I used this self-decorated paper with a sentiment in VersaColour Indigo. It's the first time I've used my separate alphabet stamps, and the wonkiness just adds to the charm (yes, it does, honestly!)

The paper is white cartridge paper, with thick & watery mix of yellow and ultramarine acrylic paint smeared all over it mixed with water and/or pva glue, then a piece of clingfilm (saron wrap I think it's also called) is laid over it and 'wrinkles' encouraged. It's left to dry but not to dry too much. This is tricky, too long and you end up with the clingfilm attached to the paint and big holes in your paper, too wet and you end up with no wrinkles. Depending on the weather/ warmth of the house, it can take a couple of days to dry enough. Then, leave it for a couple more days before using it, as if the acrylic's thick, you can find it's only dried on top and wet paint oozes out when you cut it.

I think this is my favourite so far, it's going to be hard to give it away!

5 comments:

  1. how cool is that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. I would definitely think twice before giving this one away to. Its just so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, Lois - I really enjoy reading about how you created each card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely take on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow of all cards/ projects posted so far....

The tricky subject of ideas...

Feel free to use my work as a springboard for your own work for non-commerical use only: please credit me on your blog.

Music

temporarily unavailable