Friday 10 April 2009

365 Cards - Day 38 That's It, I Quilt!



Nice bit of wordplay today DT! Today's sketch is a Quilt Block.

Thankfully the camera's toned down the colouring on this card. It's much more ugly in reality, and I've posted it as I've made it, but I will be thinking about what else it needs to be finished off - it feels a bit raw at present.

The background is an acrylic bronze metallic paint on vellum, the squares/triangles are ruler-torn, the self-decorated paper was made using a mixture of yellow, orange & turquoise acrylic paints spread thickly onto cartridge paper and then wavy lines drawn into the wet paint with a fork, sometimes with the tines of the fork dippe in either raw bronze metallic or the raw turquoise. With some of the base cartridge paper showing through.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it is ugly. I rather like it. It looks rustic.

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow of all cards/ projects posted so far....

The tricky subject of ideas...

Feel free to use my work as a springboard for your own work for non-commerical use only: please credit me on your blog.

Music

temporarily unavailable