Wednesday 3 January 2018

January Cure 2018 - Clear a Drawer

You ever heard of the January Cure? It's a series of tasks in January that the website Apartment Therapy does. Takes just under a month and is designed to help you get a grip of your house and things that need changing, sorting or decluttering.

The first day HERE - yesterday - was to tidy out a drawer.

Because I thought it started on January 1, and I was just missing an email, I cleared out my adult colouring felt tips drawer on New Year's Day.

So yesterday, I thought I'd clear the top of the bedside drawers instead of an actual drawer, mostly because since the move, the bedside drawers are actually empty and I need to think about what goes where and then find where I last put them temporarily....

All well and good, except the unfinished christmas cards are on there.
Stained Glass window type colour your own hanging paper ornament production line

There's cards that have been written, stamped, addressed, with newsheet but no little paper ornament yet. Well that's fine, I can glue the ones that haven't been done yet. Oh, no I can't the glue pen has run out and the cat is pinning me to the bed.

There's cards that have been written with newsheeet and addressed but not stamped and no paper ornament. Well that's fine, I can just lean over and OW!!! you bit me Tabithacat! maybe I can't just lean over to get the stamps.

There's cards that have been written with newsheeet but not addressed, stamped or ornament. Hmmm so the stamps are with the address book, so that's not going to happen, once bitten, not moving twice.

There's a list of cards still to be written. Bah! maybe later.

Eventually Tabithacat did let me move her AND stay moved. So I thought I'm fed up of being in bed I shall go cut some more ornaments til I have enough then as I've located the replacement gluepen, I can do them all at once! it's a plan!

 Except I broke my ScanNCut blade, and had to stop. And order another one and have to wait until it arrives. double bah!

So frankly that was a poor choice! I should have gone for a kitchen drawer.

Anyway, I do have the felttip drawer sorted, all dead pens are in the Outbox to see if they can be recycled somewhere and what's left in the drawer is good to use.

The christmas cards? Well there's 9 to post that I actually finished, and many more to progress. I may miss my hope of getting them posted by Epiphany on the 6th. Oops!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see someone else tackling this project. I'm going to catch up with Day one and two to get on track!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow of all cards/ projects posted so far....

The tricky subject of ideas...

Feel free to use my work as a springboard for your own work for non-commerical use only: please credit me on your blog.

Music

temporarily unavailable