Thursday 29 October 2009

365 Cards Day 12 Moving House

Well, this is still a challenge from back in March, but we're moving forwards! The challenge was to do a card for moving house. So here it is. I'm trying some experiments with peel-offs to see if the traditional gold ones are as unprepossessing as they look on the sheet... This one is probably the most traditional style sheet I've bought, and I've come to the conclusion that it's hard to get them to look anything other than twee. But they were in the sale and I'm persevering...

Anyway I used layers & layers of the Letraset Promarker Saffron pen to give the cottage some depth of colour & variation of tone, and also to colour the middle mat. It's a bit more vibrantly orange in real life and is 4"x5".
PS I've just reread the challenge and I have an horrible feeling you were supposed to use a sentiment on the theme of moving house. Oops again! Maybe I need to actually read the challenge before doing these catchups and not just work off my 'one word' list of missed challenges?

1 comment:

  1. Great job. I have some of those sticker too with the plan to do just what you did...butn ever got around to it. They are pretty old by now! And I love that word...twee. Explains what you mean perfectly! hee hee But the card turned out fine!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow of all cards/ projects posted so far....

The tricky subject of ideas...

Feel free to use my work as a springboard for your own work for non-commerical use only: please credit me on your blog.

Music

temporarily unavailable