Tuesday 25 August 2009

365 Cards - Day 26 - Disliked Colour

And this one's a challenge from even earlier - March! And why did it take so long? Well, because you had to use a colour you dislike... To be honest, there aren't really any colours I seriously dislike working with, but this trees motif was a third of a 6x6" paper that had a star (Day 79 Favourite Manufacturer - English Paper Co) and baubles (Day 67 Pink) motif also - all from a Festive Frost pack. The other two came together into cards quite naturally as toppers on top of paper from the same pack, but I couldn't get this to match anything at all, and as you know I hate wasting scraps.

So eventually I picked up the black using some black cardstock from Puffin Crafts, which I had to line with copier paper inside as vellum looks nice but I can't manage to use it as a liner without
the glueing medium showing up. The trees are fussy cut with foam pads on top of an identical layer as a topper.
The great thing is that with a separate Christmas variety pack and the Festive Frost subpack that I've bought over the last month or so in the sale meant I've been able to make 7 of each of the three quite quickly - I've decided to make cards in batches and sell them closer to Christmas, not sure how or where or when. So am now using the 365 Card challenges to see if any of the challenge cards I make can be made in batches and are saleable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of all cards/ projects posted so far....

The tricky subject of ideas...

Feel free to use my work as a springboard for your own work for non-commerical use only: please credit me on your blog.

Music

temporarily unavailable