Saturday 18 April 2009

365Cards - Day 46 - Scor-It Matchbook

And today's challenge (albeit a bit late as usual) is to make a matchbook card. Another one I've never heard of, but fun to do. There's a tutorial on the 365 Cards Blog. I used some white cartridge paper that I'd self decorated on both sides with what is probably a mix of acrylic and gouache paints (as that vicious pink is Bengal Rose and I only have it in gouache....) I used an already torn piece of the same paper to give the insert diagonal and then stamped a swirly heart all over it, and did a single swirly heart and tore it out to use as a topper. But I didn't like the swirly hearts so I turned the paper over (double sided paper came out tops here!) and used the unstamped side, which had an added bonus of the white cartridge core showing on the torn edges. I used VersaColour peony for the sentiment which (like most of the few sentiments I own) is from a Creative Expressions multi pack.

The finished card is just under 4" square when closed.

And thanks to fellow bloggers help, I've not moved the pics around, so you should be able to click on them and see them lifesize, or not. Who knows!

3 comments:

  1. Great matchbook card...I love the heart on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done. I like the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the color on color. Just makes that ripped paper SO wonderful. LOVE the heart. just a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow of all cards/ projects posted so far....

The tricky subject of ideas...

Feel free to use my work as a springboard for your own work for non-commerical use only: please credit me on your blog.

Music

temporarily unavailable