Well, mum did most of it - that is everything that needed standing up and reaching for stuff and dusting it (I wibble too much) and I sat on the floor and put the right things away in the right boxes.
|Still Christmas on this side of the living room yesterday|
I should probably admit here that I fully intended to Ebay the jettisoned christmas decorations last year, but didn't they're upstairs in the 'second bedroom' aka disaster dumping zone. However, Christmas happens every year so they can be sold this year, better late than never!
I perhaps should have taken the time to go through the non-glass decorations and weed out ones for jettisoning, but as they all fit in the main box just fine, there doesn't seem a lot of point!
|Christmas and candles and a Cow ornament stashed away with room to spare|
One strange thing, normally there's a Bamboo cube box that the plants sit on when Christmas isn't on that desk. But I can't for the life of me remember where I put it. Considering this is a 45m2 house, that's quite embarrassing! I'm sure it'll turn up!
However on the bright side, my house now has ONE clear flat surface, hurrah! (discounting the kitchen tops, they're kept clear by the carers). I'm ridiculously proud of it! It's not quite arranged as I think it should be, but that's for another day.
|The only clear flat surface in the house right now|
The January Cure encourages you to have fresh flowers. During the Cure a friend sent me an arrangement of 3 succulents in reindeer moss from Bloom & Wild (through the mail) I think they're supposed to last only as long as a flower arrangement, they had no roots.
But as these thrive on neglect, I decided to try propagating them: the actual 3 that arrived (rootless) as well as nipped off leaves. We stuck them in a mix of earth from the garden (that was soaked) and sand (cos I'm sure EVERYONE has a lidded bucket of sand just hanging around in their living room no? - it's for filling door stops back from when I had a biz selling hand crafted stuff, one product was door stops) with a bit of hormone rooting powder from the shed (which needed a bit of kung fu kicking to get it open, that's another one for the 'someone else will do' list) - I'm not sure it'll work, but it was fun trying and hopefully will extend the life of the main succulents even if the propagated bits die off. I already had an assortment of empty plant pots in the garden - THIS is my issue with minimalism, if I got rid of stuff I don't need this minute, I wouldn't be able to be spontaneous and do some gardening RIGHT NOW. I'd have to stagger off (or get someone to go for me) to a shop and buy more stuff.
|Succulent propagation attempt...|
Another day though, I've run out of puff!