Sunday 28 November 2010

Getting my act together with daily new listings...

I did a marathon photo session yesterday (still procrastinating about the 365 Cards Saturday challenge of a Vintage card using 10 elements) which has set me up nicely for the next few days for new listings for my Etsy shop http://www.toothillmedley.etsy.com/.  And here's today's offering:

This is my new listing - three different cards hand flocked with wood chip. 

Wood chip? Yep, I'm not one for staying in the papercrafts aisle in art, craft & model shops.  It's not easy to work with and needs several layers, but gives a really great effect in real life.  One of these days I'm going to have a chat with a model man and find out what they use to get the stuff to stick on with, using PVA on a rubber stamp takes ages!

Sadly I'm not convinced my photographic skills are doing these cards justice - but at least they're online now!  More details at my LoisDesigns blog which is my official 'Toot Hill Medley' venture support blog.   This blog is going to continue as my 'challenges completed and random thoughts' blog, and where I show my projects that may or may not eventually emerge as products for sale.  Eventually being the key word in that sentence!

Talking of eventually, there will eventually be a post about the weather up here in the semi-frozen north - lots of snow and gloriously long icicles, but for that I'd have to get dressed in my snow gear - we've had a good 6" every 24 hours for the last few days - it might not sound much to you, but it's a lot to me!  And it stopped me going to the annual Knit & Stitch Show at Harrogate... I'm gutted!  Next year I'll be travelling down to Ally Pally in London in October to avoid any such nightmares!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of all cards/ projects posted so far....

The tricky subject of ideas...

Feel free to use my work as a springboard for your own work for non-commerical use only: please credit me on your blog.

Music

temporarily unavailable